Tuesday, 2 December 2014

CSC165 - Week 9 - Finally! Midterm Confidence!

November 8, 2014 - Week 9

I took midterm on Wednesday and I was confident that I had done well. Unlike the first test, where I had uncertainties about various questions, I left the test centre feeling that I knew how to do all the questions before hand. However, all this fortitude belongs to the posting of assignment 2's answer key. Although I had completed the assignment, I felt that there were still many situations in my proof that I had left out or ambiguous. I was happy to note that the what I had done on the assignment was directly implemented on the term test.

The main issue for me was that I felt that the assignment had a big jump from the course notes and the lecture slides. Without any physical references to questions, I felt that I was doing some statements without a single idea of its meaning. I would find it more helpful to have full solutions to a multitude of proving questions instead of relying on assignment 2 and the term test to teach me the material.  I like to learn when I have the sample questions with me when I prepare for terms test or complete an assignment. That way I would be able to learn the material through the sample questions instead of "making stuff up" on the assignment.


No comments:

Post a Comment