November 1, 2014 - Week 8
This week we began to learn about big Oh notation and counting steps. I was extremely confused about the big Oh notation that was defined this week. To me the notation resembled a much more complicated version of the epsilon-delta proof that I did in MAT137. However, after going over carefully in the course notes for CSC165, it made me recall what Professor Heap explained in class that the big Oh notation simply represented "one function being bounded above by another." Like the epsilon and delta proofs in MAT137, I had trouble finding "c" and "B" values that would satisfy the statement.
The main worry of this week was that I had Assignment 2 due, which was quickly followed up with a term test. However, I quickly discovered that studying for the term test was much more relaxing than completing the assignment. I found it really difficult to work by myself on the assignment 2 due to the fact that I still had some trouble with the setting values for the "there exists" part of a proof. To me, I found it really frustrating that I couldn't do any parts of the proof except for the outline.
No comments:
Post a Comment