This week we began to apply calculus to the big Oh notation. I was completely confused by the 2 statements listed below.
It was only after I realized that the limit definition is considered to be a know statement was I able to substitute the fact that f(n)/g(n) < e = c into the big Oh definition. After realizing this, I was able to the proof for assignment 3.
Looking at this students slog: http://ilikecakecsc165.blogspot.ca/, I was able to understand taking limits with big Oh. I completely agree with his/her approach to the problem and in many way it resembled what I had done in the picture above. We both understood the meaning of what it meant to be bounded by another function and to use the definition of limits to satisfy a big Oh statement.
I would like to thank this fellow student for making it more clearer for me with his detailed slog post. I completely agree with his approach to the problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment