Monday, 27 October 2014

CSC165-Week 5 - Midterm Madness

2014/10/11 - Week 5

This week was our CSC165 midterm. I had spent all weekend doing past midterms and was happy to see that this years midterm was extremely similar to last years. Over, the past weeks, I have slowly seen the overlap between proving in CSC165 and the epsilon-delta proofs in MAT137.

What I got out of this week's class was how to prove statements using:

Direct Proofs:

Proof by Cases:
Proof by cases at first seemed to be just providing examples to show that the statement is true; however, I later realized that all the cases were extremely broad and were able to cover all the cases that might be used. This furthered my understanding that this way of proving is very situational because it relies on the fact that I am able to consider all situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment