Monday, 27 October 2014

CSC165-Week 4 - Introduction to Proofs

2014/10/04 - Week 4

This week was when Assignment 1 was due.  To be honest, I only started doing the actual work for on Monday of the the same week.  For assignment, I was extremely confused with question #4. However, after looking through the lecture sides I noticed slides that went over the work to disprove a statement while keeping the other true. After that I was quickly able to draw my conclusions with the Venn Diagrams regarding implication, conjunction, and dis junction. 


In class we learned about bi-implication, transitivity, mixed quantifiers. However, I was only really interested by the proof analysis. After doing so many epsilon and delta proofs in MAT137, I was curious to see what the proof write-ups look like in CSC165. At first, I was confused about the layout of the the generic and tedious step-by-step processing of the proof, however, I later realized that by thinking of the proof set up as a basic "If....Then..." statement, all the logical processes fell in to place.

No comments:

Post a Comment